Guidelines for submitting a book proposal
Canterbury University Press welcomes submissions from prospective authors, particularly (but not exclusively) works that fall within our key areas of interest (natural history, local and regional history, biographical works, and The Pacific).
If your book is still at an early stage, you are welcome to send a brief proposal to email@example.com or to
Canterbury University Press
University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
If you have completed your manuscript or part of it, send us a sample chapter or chapters.
In addition, please provide:
- a short précis of the book, which notes its purpose and likely market
- a list of draft chapter headings, outlining what each chapter will cover
- an overview of illustrations/photographs (if applicable)
- biographical details about yourself, including any books/articles/papers you have written
- a self-addressed return envelope if you would like your submission to be returned to you.
We aim to acknowledge receipt within two weeks of receiving your submission and to inform you of our decision within four months. However, in some cases, circumstances may result in a longer response time. Please note that we are unable to offer detailed feedback on unsuccessful submissions.